skip to main content

Can I be reimbursed for a claim that is more than the current amount in my HCRA account?

Yes, you can be reimbursed for HCRA claims that are more than the current amount contributed to your account, as long as the total is not more than the remaining amount of your annual election. The HCRA is a prefunded account, which means the full amount of your election is available when the account is initially set up, regardless of the amount actually contributed to the account. Claimed amounts exceeding the remaining balance of your account will be paid until your yearly election amount has been depleted.

Get Adobe Reader       Print     Close