skip to main content

If I separate or retire from service, can I receive the remaining balance in my HCRA?

No. You can only be reimbursed for the expenses incurred on or prior to the date of separation/retirement. If you terminate employment during the year, your participation in the Flexible Benefit Program ends. Although you may be eligible to continue your FEHB Program coverage through Temporary Continuation of Coverage (TCC), you do not have the option to continue your contributions to the HCRA or the DCRA. For the HCRA, you can still be reimbursed for eligible expenses you incur up to your last day worked. Any money in your account that you do not use on or before your date of separation/retirement will not be refunded to you.

Get Adobe Reader       Print     Close