skip to main content

I am thinking of having an au pair take care of my child. There is a $2,500 up-front fee and I will be paying $150 a week to the au pair. What, if any, of this qualifies as an eligible expense?

Fees you paid to an agency to get the services of a care provider, deposits you paid to an agency, application fees, and other indirect expenses are work-related expenses if you have to pay them to get care, even though they aren't directly for care.

Note: Forfeited deposits and other payments for the care of a qualifying individual are not eligible if the care is not provided.

Get Adobe Reader       Print     Close