skip to main content

What expenses are eligible for reimbursement with a DCRA?

You can use the DCRA to pay eligible expenses for care of your dependent children under age 13, or for a person of any age whom you claim as a dependent on your federal income tax return and who is mentally or physically incapable of caring for himself or herself.

Examples of eligible services include:

  • Placement fees for a dependent care provider, such as an au pair
  • Before and after-school care (other than tuition expenses)
  • Care of an incapacitated adult who lives with you at least eight hours a day
  • Childcare at a day camp, nursery school, or by a private sitter
  • Late pick-up fees
  • Expenses for a housekeeper whose duties include caring for an eligible dependent
  • Day camps

Refer to the Flexible Spending Eligible Expense Guide for more information.

Get Adobe Reader       Print     Close