What expenses are eligible for reimbursement with a DCRA?
You can use the DCRA to pay eligible expenses for care of your dependent children under age 13, or for a person of any age whom you claim as a dependent on your federal income tax return and who is mentally or physically incapable of caring for himself or herself.
Examples of eligible services include:
- Placement fees for a dependent care provider, such as an au pair
- Before and after-school care (other than tuition expenses)
- Care of an incapacitated adult who lives with you at least eight hours a day
- Childcare at a day camp, nursery school, or by a private sitter
- Late pick-up fees
- Expenses for a housekeeper whose duties include caring for an eligible dependent
- Day camps
Refer to the Flexible Spending Eligible Expense Guide for more information.