Important Open Season Enrollment Information
The 2018 Open Season for the Federal Judiciary Flexible Benefit Programs and Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) begins, Monday, November 13, 2017, and continues until Monday, December 11, 2017. Take advantage of Open Season as your once-a-year opportunity to review your current elections and make elections for the following Plan Year.
Things to know:
HCRA and DCRA:
- You must re-enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) and the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) each year. Your 2017 election HCRA and DCRA will not carry over to 2018.
- Open Season is the opportunity to choose a new health plan provider or change the tier coverage of your current provider. A Qualifying Life Event (QLE) is the only other time you can make changes to your FEHB plan.
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) and TSP Catch-Up:
- To take advantage of the full maximum contributions, you should re-enroll during the 2018 Open Season along with your other Open Season elections. If you will be newly eligible for TSP Catch-Up in 2018, you have the ability to enroll now!
- You must re-enroll in TSP Catch-Up each year. Your 2017 TSP Catch-Up election will not carry over to 2018.
- TSP and TSP-Catch-Up elections made during Open Season will be effective in 2018.
Parking and FEGLI decreases:
- To enroll in a Parking Reimbursement Account or to decrease your FEGLI election during Open Season, please select the Enroll Anytime Badge found under the “Enrollment” menu.
A new enrollment feature of the Judiciary Benefits Center (JBC) website is the Enrollment Summary. This is a convenient way to review the accuracy of your personal data, enrollment elections, covered dependents and make any necessary changes prior to completing your enrollment. Once you have selected the Enroll Me Now button found at the end of the enrollment process, your elections are complete and a confirmation statement will automatically be emailed to you and saved to your JBC inbox for future reference.
Benefit For Life Hour webinar:
Mark your calendar for the annual enrollment open season Benefit For Life Hour webinar. If you are unable to attend the live session, the recording for this event will be made available within a few days after the live session.
Open Season Guidance for Successful Enrollment - November 28, 2017
This webinar provides participants with the tools and information they need to research and enroll successfully in this year’s Open Season and Annual Enrollment programs. Web tours of Open Season resource pages, the Judiciary Benefits Center (JBC), and BENEFEDS, are on the agenda. Tour highlights include the JNet’s and OPM's annual Open Season pages, a JBC registration and enrollment demo, FEDVIP information, and a look at a health insurance preference and decision tool. Additional shared resources and a Q&A session concludes this webinar. Web tour guides and benefits specialists are from the AO Benefits Division and the JBC (ADP) Team.
If you have questions or need assistance, Benefits Counselors are available to assist you. Call the Judiciary Benefits Center at 1-888-442-3539 Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm, Eastern Time.